Effect of the New H4 Policy—EAD Cards for H4 Visa Holders  


WASHINGTON, DC: The long wait for many H4 visa holders seeking Employment Authorization Document (EAD) cards to work legally in the United States is finally coming to an end: effective May 26, 2015, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will begin applications from qualified spouses of H-1B visa holders.


“Allowing the spouses of these visa holders to legally work in the United States makes perfect sense,” Rodríguez said. “It helps U.S. businesses keep their highly skilled workers by increasing the chances these workers will choose to stay in this country during the transition from temporary workers to permanent residents. It also provides more economic stability and better quality of life for the affected families.”

This policy shows that the U.S. government wants to attract more qualified talents to the country.